In this policy, we also take the opportunity to describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how to contact us about any of our privacy practices.
Being transparent and ethical about how we use your personal data is important to us. For the purposes of this Policy, when we use words like “personal data” or “personal information”, it shall have the meaning given to such terms by the EU General Data Production Regulation (“GDPR”).
You have the ability to object to certain uses of information about you, and you may have access to certain information we have about you. If you do not accept this Policy as we’ve presented here, you shouldn’t use our Services, or interact with any other aspect of our business.
For the purpose of EU data protection legislation, the data controller is:
The Content Advisory, Incorporated
23679 Calabasas Road
Calabasas, CA 91302, USA
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We rely on information you provide to us as you register, contact us, participate in surveys, post comments to public areas of and interact with our web sites, respond to our email campaigns, and participate in webinars or other online events. We may add information about how you interact with our offerings, your subscriptions, the events you attend, the content you download or read, and the like.
The Content Advisory follows the following principles in order to protect your privacy:
- We do not collect any more personally identifiable information about you than is necessary;
- We only use your personally identifiable information for the purposes we specify in this privacy notice, unless you specifically agree otherwise;
- We do not keep your personally identifiable information if it is no longer needed; and
- Other than as we specify in this privacy notice, we do not share your personally identifiable information with third parties.
Information We Collect
We collect personally identifiable information from you if you request information from us, sign up to join our email lists, register for an account, participate in our promotions, such as contests and sweepstakes, take our surveys, use our products and services, contact us about a purchase, or email, call or otherwise communicate with us. In order for you to initiate communication or complete a purchase with us, we request certain personally identifiable information from you on our reservations form, including your contact information (such as name, email, job title, or address, or other identification number) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date etc…).
The Content Advisory automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, domain type, browser version, service provider, cookies, and the pages you request.
How We Use Your Information
Information we collect may be used in the following ways:
- To respond to your requests or inquiries.
- To process and complete your transactions, including, as applicable, digital content service, order confirmation, billing, delivering content products or services, and otherwise fulfill our contractual obligations to you.
- With your consent, to provide you with newsletters, articles, alerts and announcements.
- With your consent, to conduct market research.
- To analyze transactions and purchase histories to improve our product and services offerings.
- As necessary to verify and validate your identity.
- To keep records of our interactions with you if you purchase something or otherwise deal with representatives of our company.
- To prevent, investigate or provide notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity, or unauthorized access to or use of personally identifiable information, our Site or data systems.
- To carry out our legal obligations and enforce our legal rights.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your personally identifiable information to us.
Your Access To Your Information
You have the right to request a copy of any personally identifiable information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of your personally identifiable information, please contact us at Info@ContentAdvisory.net . We may request proof of your identity before sharing such information. If you discover that the information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, you may ask us to correct that information.
You may ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you in certain circumstances. It may not be possible for us to delete all of the information we hold about you where we are fulfilling a transaction or have a legal basis to retain the information, however please contact us to discuss how we can assist you with your request.
When we process your information on the basis that you have consented to such processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent, or ask us to stop or restrict processing the personally identifiable information we have about you.
We will retain your information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or as otherwise legally required or permitted.
If you receive marketing emails from us you can unsubscribe to our emails by clicking “unsubscribe” within each email. You may not opt-out of service-related communications, which are not promotional in nature.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
As is true of most Web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files in order to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system and date/time stamp.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. We use session ID cookies to track your login status. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. We use persistent cookies to track your activity on the Site as well as to serve you with relevant advertisements from The Content Advisory on unrelated websites.
You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” directory. Click here for more information on cookies, including how to disable them. If you choose to disable cookies, it may limit your use of certain features or functions on our Site or service. To manage Flash cookies, please click here.
Behavioral Targeting / Re-Targeting
The Content Advisory works with third parties to track your activity on our website, as well as to serve you with relevant advertisements from The Content Advisory.
These advertising services use pixel tags (aka; web beacons), cookies and other tracking technologies to collect and store non-personal information about your visit to our website. Should you visit our website using your mobile device, an advertising service may also collect your device’s unique identifier, or location, and attempt to synchronize your mobile website visit with other website visits.
Please note that by opting out, you will continue to see ads, but they may not be as relevant based on your travel interests.
We also use Google Analytics to provide us with information about how visitors engage with the Site so that we can improve it. You may choose to opt out of Google Analytics and still have full access to the Sites. Further information about Google Analytics, and how to opt out, can be found here.
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
Our practices with respect to the disclosure of personally identifiable information include the following:
- We use third party service providers to assist us in providing our services and Sites, including database backup providers to protect our data, and a fraud prevention service. We may disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf or for your benefit. We may utilize the services of third parties to verify customer data, or to supplement other information we have collected. We may also contract with third parties to host our Site and to conduct market research. All service providers are authorized to use your personally identifiable information only as necessary to provide their respective services to us, and are obligated to protect your personally identifiable information under contract terms which are no less protective than those set forth in this Policy
- We may disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- Your personally identifiable information may be disclosed as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of our assets, and could be transferred to a third party as one of the business assets in such a transaction. It may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership. We will use reasonable efforts to direct any such transferee to use your personally identifiable information in a manner that is consistent with our privacy notice.
You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personally identifiable information, as well as any resulting choices you may have regarding your personally identifiable information.
How to Contact Us
The Content Advisory
23679 Calabasas Road, Suite 1123
Calabasas, CA 91302